Langtang Helambu trek about 72 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu, is noted for its scenic grandeur and pleasant climate. The Helambu region, extending from north of Taramarang to the tree limit of the Gosainkunda Lake and lower slopes of Jugal Himal, has several highland Tamang and Sherpa villages, scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola.
This trek is rated as an easier trek because the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m. and 3600m., which indicates less climbing and warmer temperatures. One advantage to this trek is there are fewer trekkers here than on the Annapurna trek and some parts of the Everest treks, but there is still a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1300m), and trek to Chisopani (2194m).
Driving 1 hour.
Day 2: Trek to Khutumsang (2446m).
Day 3: Trek to Tharepati (3597m).
Day 4: Trek to Tarke Gyang (2560m).
Day 5: Tarke Gyang to Shermathang (2621m).
Day 6: Explore local culture.
Day 7: Trek down to Melamchipul Baza (846m), and drive back to Kathmandu
1. Airport pick up and drop by our private car.
2. Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) (Note: A.P Plan) during the trek.
3. All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
4. All the necessary ground transportation.
5. An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter and their food, drinks, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax etc.
6. All necessary paper works and national park entry permits & TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
7. All government taxes.
1. Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
2. Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),
3. Emergency evacuation if required, donation, tips and all personal nature expenses.